Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Boy D

He gets his own post. He was special. He IS special.

Chapter 1:
So, while I was still dating Boy B and talking with Boy C, I started talking with Boy D. At first glance, he and I didn't have one single thing in common. He is from East Texas hickville like where my mom's side of the family is from. He has a super thick accent, loves guns, hunts birds, has a mustache... VERY East Texas. So when he first contacted me, I wasn't really into it. But the more we got to talking, the more I was enjoying his company. Plus, he has some GREAT attributes. He's a strong Christian, educated, has a good steady job, the dude is a virgin(can you believe that??), is a family man, has sparkly brown eyes, and freakin huge biceps! So, we followed the normal path> Match.com>Facebook>texting>talking. And our first date was on Sept 9. Since it was our first date, we decided to meet in the middle, so we met in Baytown. We had dinner, and then...ugh...did something I thought I would NEVER do...Two-stepping. I told him that everything about that date was WAY out of my comfort zone. But, wouldn't you know it? Dancing?? Boys, THAT'S the way to woo a lady!!! Just take her out on the dancefloor, and whisk her away! She will melt in your arms, as I did with this guy... phew...

So, we talked and danced, and talked and danced, played pool, then talked and danced. He started getting romantic with me towards the end of the night, which was very nice. I started to feel the little butterflies. For the last dance, he held my hand as he walked me to the dancefloor, then after that, he kept holding into my hand while we walked back to his truck. So we drove back to the restaurant where my car was parked, and we were hugging goodbye, and for the first time ever, I kissed a boy on the first date. I guess that's not that big of a deal considering I've kissed strangers before. But I really liked him. So we talked and kissed and laughed and cuddled for about 45 minutes, then I drove off feeling for the first time in five years that I was a part of something special.

Chapter 2:
I didn't hear from him the next day. I figured he was just playing it cool. But luckily, he texted me late that night with a text that implied he'd been out hunting with his dad all day, so I was feeling good about the whole thing again. We talked each night for hours, and by Wednesday we had planned to hang out that next weekend. I looked forward to that next date and the rest of the week flew by. That Saturday, I planned to drive out to his house in East Texas, cook him dinner, and we'd watch a movie. So, I headed out, stopped at the grocery store on the way, picked up some stuff for spaghetti, and made it the rest of the way to his house. We played it coy and flirted with each other while I was cooking. It was exactly how I'd imagined it would be. I loved every minute, feeling close to him, getting to know him more, looking forward to what this would bring. We ate dinner, and talked a bit, washed the dishes together, then cuddled on the couch to watch Cold Mountain, which we ended up talking through anyway. When I say talking, I actually mean talking. I mean, there was a bit of frivolity. But it was good get-to-know-you time. So, the movie ended, and we didn't even notice since we were still enjoying our time together. Then we started talking about music, so he got out his guitar, and we played and I sang for him. He looked startled, and said, "Dang..." And I said, "I told you I could sing!" And he replied, 'Well, people say a lot of things!" ha ha... So we played and sang some more, then we danced to some Zydeco music. God...just thinking about it right now makes me happy.

Chapter 3:
We planned to hang out again that next weekend. We couldn't find a good time to get together during the day time because I had opera, and he was going hunting, so we decided to do an overnight date. We planned that he would come to my house, meet Jenn, then he'd go to church with us the next day, then go out to lunch with Jax and Jesse. He didn't get there til late, we hung out with Jenn for a little while, then he and I cuddled and talked a while. He had a headache, so he went to bed pretty soon after. The next day, I took him to church, and he took to my church like he'd been there his whole life talking to people, introducing himself, making new friends. I felt proud to show him off and introduce him to my friends. He said he loved my church and loved the music. After church, I took him over to my school to show him where I work, took him into my classroom. Then we met up with Jax, Jesse, and jenn for lunch. We had a good time, talked to Jesse about guns, and the army. Later he told me he was really impressed with Jesse. Personally I think Jesse's kind of a tool, but if Boy D liked him, I was glad that he'd have someone to hang out with.

After that he drove home, and we barely talked that next week. Of course I was thinking the worse. After a handful of texts and emails over the course of the week, he finally called me Saturday afternoon and broke things off. I saw it coming, but I was still sad about it. I had to drag it out of him because I could tell he was trying to do that in the nicest way possible. he said he liked me, but it wasn't working for him. I don't know what that means. I don't know what went wrong. And I also don't think he gave me enough of a chance. But he was so sweet to me. I can't be upset. If you don't feel it, you don't feel it. It was the same way with me and Boy B.

It took me a few days before I stopped feeling sad about it. After several days of sulking, a couple of tears, and a closure email to him, I was over it. Well...sort of...Almost two weeks after he broke it off, I'm still wearing red toenail polish he requested...

No comments:

Post a Comment